Time to reflect...Trayvon Martin

My blog is usually for fun crafty things I want to share but….. the story of Trayvon Martin really touched me and I wanted to blog about it, which will eventually be a scrapbook page of a terrible thing that made everyone stop and look at himself or herself.
           
I told them about the Trayvon case and asked them to take a picture to support his family.

I am a mom of three boys and a step son. They are all great kids I raised them to love and respect everyone. I have tried my best to keep them safe. I remember when I decided to move from NY because my oldest son came home saying he needed a gun to protect himself I knew it was time to move.

I have come to realize that it doesn’t matter how far I move It’s not the neighborhoods it’s the mind set of people. My sons are good boys they don’t see people by the color of their skin and I never wanted them to you. But I have to face reality that my sons were born into a world that judges them by the color of their skin and clothes they wear and that is a scary thing.

We need to stop judging people. I saw it as a little girl and 40 years later I still see it and witness how society judges people. People are afraid of what they don’t know. It needs to stop!! I hope and pray that the Trayvon Martin case is an example that we need to stop judging people by color, ethnicity, culture, economics, religion, sexuality, etc. Don’t be afraid of what you don’t know.

Also that justice should be for every one no one should be allowed to kill a unarmed boy and get away with it. We all know if the tables were turned it would have been handle much different.

I truly believe if we take the time to get to know each other and not run and judge life would be so much better.
As always Marques is always the clown..and makes every moment fun and Jaylon never wants to take pictures..lol

"Do not judge according to appearances, but judge with righteous judgment.”"
John 7:24

Comments

Popular Posts